Sunrise at Wild Goose Island
Mary's Lake, Glacier National Park, Montana
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
July 2014, we made a trip to Glacier National Park. On the first morning after we arrived I got up a 4am and drove out to this iconic location that had been on my "Bucket List" of locations I wanted to photograph. Road construction in the area prevented me from being able to drive to this location. I had to hike about a mile to get to this prime spot with a view of Wild Goose Island. Upon my arrival I was all alone except for a Loon calling just below me. If you zoom in on the high resolution view on the group of rocks jetting out into the lake at lower edge just left of center, you can see the loon's head sticking up from between the rocks. (See below.) By the time the sun started to rise, I had 5 other photographers all around me. We all worked in muffled silence as we watched and listened to the scene that the Lord painted for us that morning.
This original uncropped version of this panorama consists of 85 individual 22.5 mega-pixel images stitched together to form this shot, using a Canon 5Diii, 70-200mm lens @ 200mm f/14.0, 1/15th sec., ISO 100. The uncropped finished size is:
- 760 Mega-pixels
- 18200 x 42680 pixels
- 61" x 142" 300 ppi
- This image is available 1:2.56 ratio in sizes up to 60 in. x 140 in. (as Tri-Panel)
- Could be enlarged to a wall mural 120 in. x 307 in. (10 ft. x 25.6 ft.) or larger.
- Call for pricing larger than 28" x 72".
Consult Price List for 1:1.618 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.
Loon peeking from behind gray rock in center below.