North Owl Creek Sunset
Owl Creek Road near Ridgway, Colorado
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
Note: Colors on many monitors, tablets and phones are not calibrated. Colors you see on your device may not match our calibrated colors.
This shot was done evening of Oct. 1, 2016 on Owl Creek Road east of Ridgway, CO. When we arrived at this location a thunderstorm had just past a mile or two east traveling to the north. We had set up anticipating that the sun would briefly shine under the clouds a few minutes before sunset. Our hunch was a good one and the Good Lord put on a light show for us like few I have witnessed. The golden red light lit up the Owl Creek Mountains and the rain shafts with the most incredible light. It only lasted about 12-15 minutes. I had been focused on Chimney Peal when I looked behind me and was stunned by what I had been missing. I quickly moved my tripod and setup for and shot this before we lost the light.
This original un-cropped version of this panorama consists of 22 individual 42 mega-pixel images shot with Sony A7Rii, at f-16, 1/8th of a second and ISO 100 using a 200mm lens. The 1:3.86 cropped image as shown is:
- 412 Mega-pixels
- 39810 x 10345 pixels
- 133" x 34.5" at 300 ppi
- This image is available 1:3.85 ratio in sizes up to 24" x 92" on single Duraplaq
- Tri-Panels up to 48" x 184" ( 4 ft x 15.3 ft.)
- Call for pricing quote for sizes over 92" in tri-panels
Consult Price List for 1:3.85 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.