Moonrise Over the Rockies
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
Labor Day weekend 2013 my wife and I were staying in RV resort near Grand Lake. Neither of us could sleep and around midnight she asked if I wanted to go out and do some night photos. We drove into Rocky Mt National Park about 3 or 4 miles north of the west entrance. I found a little road that I had scouted earlier in the daylight that went down to the banks of the Colorado River. I had been shooting some shots of the river and Milky Way when I began to notice a glow on the eastern Horizon. It was about 1:45 AM and I knew it was too early for the sunrise. I realized it was the Moon about to rise. I repositioned my tripod just in time to catch the first tip of the New Moon as it peeked over the horizon. The most amazing part was that the clouds on the eastern horizon took on the same red glow of a sunrise, only much dimmer.
This image was shot with Canon 5Diii at F 2.8, 30 second exposure time and ISO 6400 using a 24mm lens. It is a composite of 3 vertical tilts to capture as much of the night sky as possible. It is cropped to a 1:1 square image.
The image as shown is:
- 5761 x 3840 pixels
- 13" x 13" 300 ppi original image size
- Available in 1:1 ratio up to 24" x 24"
Consult Price List for 1:1 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.