Moon Over Denali at Sunrise
Denali National Park, Alaska
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
Aug. 9, 2017, 5:36AM. My friend Bill and I had woke up at 2:30AM to drive the 30 miles from Teklanika River Campgroun to Stony Pass Overlook. The evening before we had consulted GPS data and determined the just past full moon would be nearly over the top of Mt. Denali at sunrise. At the campground we had overcast skies but we decided to go anyway trusting the Lord would give us clear skies at Stony Pass. While the scene He painted for us when we arrived at Stony Pass wasn't the perfectly clear skies I had envisioned in my head, what He gave us was beyond anything I could have imagined. As the sun neared the horizon the Alpen Glow painted the clouds and mountains with hues of pinks to orange while the nearly full moon hung suspended above the peaks. The light of the Alpen Glow reflected into the valley below Stony Pass illuminating the tundra, that was just starting to show signs of fall colors, intensifying the colors of the tundra foliage.
The original uncropped version of this panorama consists of 12 individual HDR 42 mega-pixel images shot with Sony a7Rii at f-11, bracketed .4, 1/10th, & 1.6 seconds and ISO 100 using a 100mm lens yielding an image 39" x 70". The cropped image as shown is:
- 219 Mega-pixels
- 10456 x 20912 pixels
- 34.8" x 69.7" 300 ppi original size
- This image is available 1:2 ratio in sizes up to 4 ft x 8ft without loss of detail.
- Call for pricing custom sizes.
Consult Price List for 1:2 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.