Honaunau Bay Sunset
South Kona Hawaii, Hawaii
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
Christmas Eve 2016. Pu`uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. We had spent the afternoon snorkeling here and we waited for the sunset to shoot some photos. Located on the coast of Honaunau Bay in South Kona, Puuhonua o Honaunau immerses you in Hawaiian culture. This 180-acre national historic park was once the home of royal grounds and a place of refuge for ancient Hawaiian lawbreakers. Kapu, or sacred laws, were of utmost importance to Hawaiian culture and the breaking of kapu could mean death. A kapu-breaker's only chance for survival was to evade his pursuers and make it to a puuhonua, or a sacred place of refuge. Once there, a ceremony of absolution would take place and the law-breaker would be able to return to society.
This is a HDR panorama stitched using 10 HDR images dirived from a 5 shoot bracketed set shoot a f-20, ISO 160, 1/15th, 1/30th, 1/60th, 1/125th & 1/250th sec's using Sony a7Rii and Canon 70-200mm f-2.8 lens @ 70mm.
- 85 Mega-pixels
- 7019 x 21058 pixels
- 26" x 70" 300 ppi original image size
- Available in 1:3 ratio from 10 x 30" to 30" x 90" in our Standard Plaque.
Consult Price List for 1:3 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.