Heath Ranch Pond
San Juan Mountains, Colorado
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
Oct. 3, 2017. This photo the is the largest I have done to date, using our new "Focus Stacking" technology for Fine Art Photography. Using our unique method of capturing images, we are able to provide an image that is Tack Sharp focused from immediate foreground to horizon. I did this shoot on Last Dollar Road southwest of Ridgeway, Colorado. The north western end of the San Juan Mountain range stands majestically over the Heath Ranch. Mr Heath was very gracious and invited us to come onto his property and shoot this panorama from the pond below his cabin. I thank him for his generosity.
This image is stitched using 32 individual focus stacked images. Each focus stacked image was derived from 4 shoots focused at different distances from 15' to beyond the Hyper Focal Distance of 102' for f-9.0 and focal length of 90mm using Canon 5Diii 22 mega-pixel camera, The 32 images were merged into the final image that measures 36" x 108" at 300dpi. Clicking on the image above will launch a high resolution panotour. Zooming into lower right corner will reveal that the grass on the shore of the pond is tack sharp. Tilt up and pan following the shore of the pond to the mountains will review that every thing from very close to the camera to the horizon is all tack sharp focused. This is only possible with a 90mm lens using Focus Stacking.
The original image is:
- 352 Mega-pixels
- 10834 x 32501 pixels
- 36" x 108 " 300 dpi cropped image size
- Available in 1:3 ratio from 15"x45" to 32" x 96 "on Standard Plaque.
- Tri-Panel 48" x 144" (4 ft x 12 ft.)
- Wall Murals up to 8 ft. x 24 ft.
Consult Price List for 1:3 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.