God's Spot Light
Trail Ridge Road, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
There is a saying that photography is 2% skill and 98% being at the right place at the right time. I think it is more, being at a location, at a time that God decides to reveal His wonderful creativity. I believe that He uses all of His laws of physics, that He created as He spoke this universe into exhistance, to declare His power and glory.
"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the Shutter." - Ansel Adams
July 24. 2012, Jean and I were camped near Grand Lake. We got up at 3AM to drive up on Trail Ridge to capture some sunrise photos. We arrived at the Forest Canyon overlook just as the sun was casting long shadows into Forest Canyon. I set up my camera to capture the golden rays of light as they illuminated Hayden Spire and Terra Tomah Mountain.
It was while I was shooting the shot that I noticed the bright spot just below Forest Lake. (Just above mountain shadow on right side.) It was if "someone" had aimed a golden spot light at the lake. I was excited to see if it showed up in the photo and as you see, it did. I believe that this is the result of a temperature inversion on the mountain behind me creating an atmospheric lens effect that concentrated the golden rays of the sun light onto the lake. It was as if the Lord used His secret knowledge of His physical laws of the universe to bend the light in a special way just to show off His lake that morning. Jean was sleeping in the car and I was all alone on the mountain top that morning. It was as if He had made the scene for just He and I to enjoy together.
Original Image is:
- 1.36 Gigapixels
- 27000 x 9000 pixels
- 30" x 90 " 300 ppi
- Available in 1 x 3 ratio from 10"x30" to 30" x 90"
Consult Price List for 1:3 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.