Chimney Peak Sunset
Owl Creek Road near Ridgway, Colorado
( Click on image to access high resolution view. )
Note: Colors on many monitors, tablets and phones are not calibrated. Colors you see on your device may not match our calibrated colors.
This shot was made evening of Oct. 1, 2016 on Owl Creek Road east of Ridgway, CO. It had been a mostly overcast afternoon with thunderstorms and very little sunlight. There was a gap between the clouds and the horizon and we could see that about 15 minutes before sunset the sun would have an opportunity to shine under the clouds. We set up our cameras and waited, hoping that as the sun set there would be good light at sunset. Right on que, as the sun dropped below the clouds, Chimney Peak and Court House Peak, the scene of famous movies such as True Grit and How the West Was Won. Tthe hillsides covered with Aspen and Scrub Oak in the peak of their fall colors exploded in the late afternoon light.
This original un-cropped version of this panorama consists of 68 individual 42 mega-pixel images shot with Sony A7Rii, at f-16, 1/8th of a second and ISO 100 using a 200mm lens. The 1:4 cropped image as shown is:
- 1.12 Gigapixels
- 66784 x 16742 pixels
- 223" x 56" at 300 ppi
- This image is available 1:4 ratio in sizes up to 4 ft x 16ft.
- Call for pricing over 96"
- Please call to ask about wall murals up to 12 ft x 48 ft done on photographic grade wall paper.
Consult Price List for 1:4 ratio size options and cost details.
- Standard Plaque prints are available in four Finish Choices. Finishes are acid-free and ultra violet (UV) light protected, shielding it against fading and deterioration and can be wiped down with water or any ammonia-free cleaners.
- We highly recommend the Metalized Paper for prints, plaques and PlexiPlaq products. This special paper does an excellent job of bringing out the detail of the photos.
- All of our plaques are produced by Duraplaq on photo quality High Density boards. Numerous Mounting Styles are available along with many Edge Treatments.
- Approximate lead time for shipping of Prints is 1 week. Plaque mounts and other options 2 weeks.
The above sizes and mounting options are a small subset of the overall mounting options we have. We offer all of our photos on a variety of mounting options from just prints, framed, plaque mounting, Aluminum Prints, or Plexiplaq. We also offer Tri-Panel, Quad-Panel or Wall Clusters & Splits. Most of our Gigaramas are available as wall murals. We also license our photos for various commercial applications.